<On behalf of Planning Chair, Andrea Canerossi>
Thank you to our 17 participants in yesterday’s professional development and networking seminar! It was an informative session with multiple great questions. For those unable to attend, we did record the meeting and are in the process of converting it to a web format, which will we host to the website.
We would like to especially thank our speakers, Jack and Sandy Bailey, for sharing their expertise and part of their own capture / bid toolbox. The feedback from participants was extremely positive so we look forward to your next session later this year on competitive analysis (that’s right, folks – spoilers!).
Main takeaways from last night’s seminar included:
– Have a process for how you conduct your captures and then your bid and proposal activities
– Have a toolbox of frequently used / referenced resources to expedite your capture activities
– Map these resources to your process so that you know when and how to use them to your best advantage
– Try multiple different research options by strategically spacing out free trials
– Don’t share your resources too widely – they’re what you use to create value in your process
Next month’s presentation will be by our very own Chapter Secretary, Bill Allen! Bill will be discussing ways to improve your color team reviews so that you can get the most out of them and deliver a winning proposal. The evite information will be released in the next week, so stay tuned.
We are still building out the speaking schedule for June through December. If you would like to be a presenter, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have an APMP certification, presenting counts for 10 CEUs.